Off late, the lid - LCD display had become loose and could not defy gravity. A small jerk is all it took to get the LCD to lie flat on mother earth. So i decided to call my friendly Dell Support again. As usual, the response was quick and reassuring - standard, taken for granted, expected out of Dell.
NBD, the Dell engineer [outsourced to TVSE] showed up at my office with the spare lid and tools to rectify the issue. After a couple of hours our man decided to call in some additional help! And that was a first time I have seen a Dell guy call - "Reinforcement" Huh?? Woaky, Woaky... I decided to let them take their sweet time, since I have my official issue to carry out my work. After wrestling with the laptop for nearly 5+ hours, my laptop was ready!!!! and the engineers took to their heels after that.
Original Issue: The laptop lid is loose, shakes a lot.
List of Issues now!!!!
- LCD back cover is damaged – brute force has been used to pry it open during the previous attempt to replace the back cover
- LCD front bezel right side top 2nd screw head is milled smooth & nice due to use of brute force and wrong tool
- Hinge cover [the strip with the power switch etc.,] is broken and again brute force was used to put it back during the previous attempt
- Bottom cover screw has been milled smooth & nice, thread on the chassis is gone due to wrong thread; again brute force used to fix
- LCD connectors to the motherboard left loose and not fixed properly, which probably explains the flicker on the LCD
- Keyboard not fixed properly & keys are damaged. The keys actually looks like an oncoming wave on the beaches of GOA!!!!
- + The Original Issue
Now, this list has been compiled based on an FIR carried out by a different TVSE engineer today morning. The engineers yesterday had opened up the complete laptop and while they were putting it back I do not know what else has been messed up / screwed - when I was looking away!!!
MOTS: About two guys who came to this gunfight
- Ill equipped - Guy takes a knife to a gunfight
- Ill trained - Guy got trained on using a machet
Hey, this is not fair, somebody please give these guys, GUNS!!!!
Satish: Here, take mine...
3. Ill Experienced - Managed to get a gun, but pointed it on self and pulled the trigger.... BOOOOM!!!!!!!Bottom line 1: My laptop has become a guinea pig for these engineers to wet their hands on.
Now, I am waiting for Dell to collect my wounded laptop and submit an SIR [Second Information Report, for those who did not get it]
......and what will follow - "I DUNNO"
Bottom line 2: No more shooting of the hip [Read: blogging] till my laptop regains its lost ammunition.